THE WORK NUMBER
Get independent third-party employment verification or income verification online.
Employer Code: 18032
Verification of Employment and/or Income (Administrator)
For Administrators | Employee VOE Page
The University of Wisconsin uses The Work Number® to provide automated employment and income verifications on our employees.
The Work Number is a fast and secure way to provide proof of your employment or income—a necessary step in many of today’s life events involving credit, financing, or securing of non-university benefits or services. The Work Number simplifies the verification process and accelerates credit decisions through an online system available to verifiers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. More than 200,000 credentialed verifiers rely on The Work Number for rapid access to information critical to their decision process, and over 2,900 employers nationwide have entrusted The Work Number to provide this important service on behalf of their employees.
The UW System Service Center (UWSC) will be responsible for supporting Verification of Employment (VOE) requests on behalf of employees of the UW institutions. However, as front-line administrators it’s likely that you will be approached by either a verifying institution or by an employee looking to initiate a VOE requests. We are providing the following resources to assist you in successfully managing these interactions.
- Employee Brochure / Poster
- This is a document that you can use to publicize The Work Number with your employees if you choose to do so.
- Message to Verifiers
- This is a template of a message for communicating with businesses that you may currently receive VOE requests from. It can be customized for your institution.
- Support Info
- If you or one of your employees runs into issues with the services provided through The Work Number, you can contact your Affinity Group representative for support.
- Voicemail Script
- You may already have a designated phone number for incoming VOE requests. This document provides a canned script that you can use to record a new message for these phone numbers.
- The Work Number Website
- The Work Number website provides additional information for users of the service, whether verifiers or employees.
- How to Read Equifax Verification
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Outsourcing to The Work Number
- Verification of Employment (VOE)
- Verification of Income (VOI)
- Social Services Verification (SSV) including:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly Food Stamps)
- Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF)
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Subsidized Housing Program
- Welfare-to-Work Programs
- Processed at the Service Center
- Garnishments (no change)
- Child Support (no change – requests involving benefit information and information where the campus is the custodian of the data will continue to be forwarded to campuses to complete those items)
- Social Security Wage Audit (newly centralized; currently processed at Service Center and campuses) – if requests are received at campuses, mail to the Service Center or fax to 608-890-2327. Requests involving information where campus input is required will be forwarded to campuses to complete those items.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (please download and follow the verification request instructions)
- Section 1 Borrower Identification and Section 2 Borrower Authorizations must be completed by the requestor.
- The Service Center will complete Section 3: Employment Information and Section 4: Employer Certification and return to the requestor
- Not part of The Work Number or Service Center Processing
- Completion of the I-9 Employment Verification form remains decentralized
- Legal requests for information will be handled as before and are processed as a mixture of Service Center and campus involvement
- Requests where the campus is custodian of the data (personnel records, information Service Center does not have) will continue to be processed at the campus level