Submit Leave Reports by September 30, 2022 to Avoid Sick Leave Reduction
Faculty, Academic Staff and Limited appointees (who have or had an active leave-eligible appointment) are required to submit monthly leave reports for each appointment, whether or not leave is used. Employees are required to report leave on or before the day the leave is taken, or if no leave is taken, to enter a “No Leave Taken” at the end of the month.
Missing leave reports must be entered by September 30, 2022 for fiscal year July 2021 through June 2022.
Failure to submit leave for fiscal year 2022 will result in a permanent reduction of sick leave hours.
Even one unsubmitted leave report will reduce an employee’s sick leave balance resulting in less sick leave available to use if needed. Long term, a reduction of sick leave hours will result in fewer hours available to use for the Sick Leave Credit Conversion Program which allows employees to pay for health insurance in retirement.
How do I Know if I have Missing Leave Reports?
Employees with missing leave reports receive email reminders every two weeks listing their missing reports. Employees may also check for missing leave reports at any time in the MyUW portal.
- To check for missing Leave Reports, see the Leave Reports tipsheet.
- Visit Time and Absence Help for assistance with reporting leave.
- The following sick leave policies are available for your reference:
- UW System Administrative Policy 1212 (formerly BN 3), Sick Leave (section 4.G.(3) and (7)
- UW-Madison Sick Leave Policy (section VIII)
If you have questions, contact your Institution Leave Administrator.
Source: UW System Human Resources