December 31 Deadline: Carryover Vacation/Personal Holiday
Reminder for University Staff Employees:
Plan and Schedule Carryover Vacation and Personal Holiday Hours Before Year-end
Schedule your time off now to avoid losing carryover vacation and/or personal holiday hours. The deadline for University Staff employees to use carryover vacation, carryover personal holiday, and personal holiday is December 31, 2021. Schedule and use this leave by December 31, 2021, or it will be lost.
Paid Leave Type
|Year Granted||Deadline to Use|
|Personal Holiday||January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020 (2020 Calendar Year)||December 31, 2021|
|January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021 (2021 Calendar Year)|
|Floating Legal Holiday||December 25, 2021||December 31, 2021|
|Vacation||January 1, 2019 - December 31, 2019 (2019 Calendar Year)||December 31, 2021|
|January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020 (2020 Calendar Year)|
Faculty, Academic Staff, and Limited Appointees
As a reminder personal holiday and vacation time is granted on a fiscal year basis.
- Personal holidays granted July 1, 2021 must be used by June 30, 2022.
- Floating Legal Holiday (December 25, 2021) must be used by June 30, 2022.
- Vacation granted July 1, 2020 must be used by June 30, 2022.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Interim Policies were approved as one-time exceptions that allow eligible employees to extend the deadline of unused vacation carryover and to carry forward personal holiday hours.
For detailed information review:
- Policies: • UW System Administrative Policy 1210 (formerly BN1) Vacation • UW System Administrative Policy 1211 (formerly BN2) Personal Holiday and Legal Holiday Administration
- Interim Policies: • UW System Administrative Policy 1200-Interim 06 University Staff Vacation and Personal Holiday Carryover
- UW-Madison Policies: • UW-Madison Vacation Policy • UW-Madison Personal and Legal Holidays Policy • COVID-19 Pandemic Leave Policy
Title: Reminder for University Staff Employees: Plan and Schedule Carryover Vacation and Personal Holiday Hours Before Year-end, updated 11/06/2021
Posted: 11/05/2021, Updated: 11/06/2021, 11/15/2021, 12/15/2021
Source: UW System Human Resources