Don't miss the Annual Benefits Enrollment period!
October 22, 2021, is the deadline to make changes to your benefits for 2022.
The Annual Benefits Enrollment (ABE) period is your annual opportunity to enroll in or make changes to most of your benefits for 2022. ABE runs September 27-October 22, 2021. Changes made during ABE are effective January 1, 2022.
Act NOW before the ABE period ends on October 22, 2021.
- Review your current benefit enrollments in the Benefit Information module in MyUW Portal
- Visit the ABE web page for the 2022 benefit plan changes and ABE resources:
• Annual Benefits Enrollment Highlights video for an overview of benefit changes for 2022 • Department of Employee Trust Funds Health Benefits Decision Guide • Virtual Benefit Session schedule
- Use ALEX, your virtual online benefits counselor. ALEX walks you through your options and suggests benefit plans based on your answers to a series of questions.
- You must enroll in these plans each year to participate:
- You may be eligible to enroll in, change, or cancel coverage for the plans listed below. For some plans you can add or remove dependents. Visit the ABE web page for additional information and premiums for each plan:
• Flexible Spending Account (FSAs): Health Care FSA, Limited Purpose FSA, and Dependent Day Care
• Health Savings Account (HSA): Required if you enroll in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
• State Group Health Insurance Opt-Out Incentive
• State Group Health Insurance • Uniform, Preventive and Supplemental Dental Insurance • Vision Insurance • Individual & Family Life Insurance (current enrollees only) • Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance • Accident Insurance • Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): Health Care FSA, Limited Purpose FSA, and Dependent Day Care • Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Beginning September 27, self-enroll on MyUW portal
2. Go to the Benefit Information module
3. Click on the Enroll now link
- All enrollments and changes must be submitted by 4:30 p.m., Friday, October 22, 2021.
You will receive an e-mail within 24-48 hours with instructions on viewing your Confirmation Statement for elections effective January 1, 2022. Review your statement for accuracy.
Source: UW System Human Resources