Payroll Schedule Change Coming in July for Employees Paid Monthly
UW System employees paid monthly will move to a biweekly payroll schedule beginning in July 2021.
How You Can Learn More
Visit the Single Payroll web page for frequently asked questions, budget planning information and the 2021 and 2022 payroll schedules.
Take the Following Actions
- If you have automatic payments set up (for example, mortgage, car loan, utilities, etc.), review your monthly budget and prepare for biweekly paychecks. You may want to adjust your automatic payments to match your biweekly paycheck amounts.
- If you have certain contributions and/or withholdings on your paycheck, watch for an email the week of May 3 providing information on how this may affect your biweekly paychecks.
Your Paycheck During the Transition from Monthly to Biweekly Pay Schedule
- Currently you are paid at the end of the month for the month you just worked. When the move to the biweekly pay schedule occurs, you will be paid every other Thursday for the two-week period that ended 12 days before each pay date.
This is what your paychecks will look like during the transition:
- You will receive a full monthly paycheck paid on June 30, 2021 (pay for work during the entire month of June).
- You will receive a partial monthly paycheck on July 30, 2021 (pay for work from July 1-July 17).
- You will receive your first biweekly paycheck on Thursday, August 12, 2021 (pay for work from July 18-July 31).
Note: You may wish to adjust your personal budget in advance to be ready for the transition, particularly for the partial monthly paycheck on July 30.
Single Payroll Town Hall Meetings
Consider attending an upcoming Town Hall Meeting or watch the recording after the event. For event details including event passwords, access codes, and accessibility accommodations, visit the Single Payroll resources web page.
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:00-9:00 AM: For 9-month and summer contract employees
- Thursday, May 13, 2021, 4:00-5:00 PM: For 12-month contract employees
- Monday, May 17, 2021, 1:00-2:00 PM: Open session for all employees paid monthly
Savings & Spending Plan Workshops
UW System is partnering with UW Credit Union to help you plan for the change in your payroll schedule. The Savings & Spending Plan (Budget) Workshops are available to help you create a plan that works for you.
Source: UW System Human Resources