Updated State Group Life Insurance Premiums Effective April 1, 2021
State Group Life insurance premiums are reviewed annually, and any updates are effective on April 1, 2021. Premium changes for:
- Faculty, Academic Staff and Limited Appointees will be reflected on the April 1, 2021 paycheck.
- University Staff and Academic Staff non-exempt employees will be reflected on the April 8, 2021 paycheck.
Employees who are currently enrolled in the State Group Life Insurance program can view their updated 2021 premiums at: State Group Life Premium Notice.
Annual Premium Update
State Group Life Insurance premiums will change effective April 1, 2021, if your age category and/or salary changed since April 1, 2020. Coverage levels are based on:
- Your highest calendar year of eligible earnings
- Your age as of April 1 each year
- Your elected coverage level(s)
Premium Rate Changes
Additionally, State Group Life Insurance premium rates will increase for most age categories effective April 1, 2021. There is no change to the premium rates for spouse and dependent coverage.
Review the 2021 State Group Life Insurance premiums. The premium rate changes were approved by the Group Insurance Board which oversees the administration of the State Group Life Insurance program.
The UW System contributes a portion of the cost of your State Group Life Basic and Supplemental Insurance coverage. You pay the full cost of Additional, Spouse and Dependent coverage.
Source: UW System Human Resources