Annual Benefits Enrollment: September 28 - October 23, 2020
The Annual Benefits Enrollment (ABE) period, September 28 - October 23, is the annual opportunity for eligible employees to enroll in or make changes to most benefits unless an employee has a qualifying life event. Changes made during ABE are effective January 1, 2021.
Eligible employees will receive emails in September and October about ABE.
Find the resources listed below on the ABE website.
- Review your current benefit enrollments in Self Service.
- Review the Department of Employee Trust Funds (ETF) It's Your Choice Decision Guide.
- Attend Virtual Benefit Fair Sessions.
- Use ETF’s Health Plan Search tool to confirm that your doctors, clinics and hospitals will be in-network in 2021 for the health insurance plan carrier you select by.
- Use ALEX, to help with your ABE decisions. ALEX suggests benefit plans based on your personal situation.
- Do you want to enroll or make changes to your insurance coverage? You may be eligible to enroll in, change, increase, decrease or cancel coverage for the plans listed below. For some plans you can add or remove dependents.
- State Group Health Insurance
- State Group Health Insurance Opt-Out Incentive (re-enrollment required)
- Uniform, Preventive and Supplemental Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Individual & Family Life Insurance (current enrollees only)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Do you want to contribute pre-tax dollars to help pay for medical, dental, vision and/or dependent day care out-of-pocket expenses? To participate in any of the following plans, you will need to enroll/re-enroll through Self Service:
- Flexible Spending Account (FSAs): Health Care FSA, Limited Purpose FSA, Dependent Day Care
- Health Savings Account (HSA) is required if you enroll in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- How to Make Your Benefit Elections
Beginning September 28th, use Self Service to make your elections online
- Log into the MyUW portal for UW System institutions or for UW-Madison.
- Go to the 'Benefit Information' module.
- Click on the 'Enroll' link.
- All elections must be submitted by 4:30 p.m., Friday, October 23, 2020.
You will receive an e-mail within 24 - 48 hours with instructions on viewing your Confirmation Statement for elections effective January 1, 2021. Review your statement for accuracy.
Source: UW System Human Resources