New Mental Health Resource Available
A new mental health resource offered through SilverCloud is available to employees. SilverCloud is an online platform that offers self-guided, interactive programs and skill-building tools to help manage anxiety, depression, stress, resilience and insomnia. It is available to all employees and students at no cost. If you are experiencing mild to moderate symptoms for any one of the above conditions, this may be an effective way for you to help manage these conditions.
What does each SilverCloud module contain?
Each module takes an average of 40 minutes and automatically saves your progress so you can come back later if you get interrupted. A typical module contains seven parts:
- Introduction: Helps you decide which module to get started with.
- Quiz: Helps gauge your knowledge and absorption of new information.
- Main Content: Displays the most important information and activities about the topic.
- Personal Stories: Based on real-life people, clinical knowledge and experiences to help you realize you are not alone.
- Tools: Activities that reinforce the information you learned throughout the module.
- Staying in the Present: Many topics discuss living in the past or thinking about the future. This activity uses mindfulness principles to bring you back to the present.
- Review: Allows you to reflect, set goals and incorporate what you learned into your life.
How should I use SilverCloud for my well-being?
Studies have shown that online cognitive behavioral therapy can provide an effective form of care for motivated individuals experiencing mild to moderate symptoms. SilverCloud may supplement traditional therapy or appointments with a counselor or you may use it without needing a counselor. A referral from a mental health or medical professional is not necessary to use this free online program.
Where should I go to get started?
For additional information on SilverCloud, go to the Mental Health Resources page.
What is the main difference between SilverCloud and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?
The main difference between SilverCloud and the EAP is that Silver Cloud is self-guided whereas the EAP allows you to speak with a counselor for help on a much broader range of services (e.g. work/life balance, will preparation, financial concerns, etc).
Note: Both programs are free and confidential.
For additional information on the EAP, go to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) page.
Source: UW System Human Resources