2021 Benefit Change Highlights
The Annual Benefits Enrollment (ABE) period is September 28 – October 23, 2020. This is the annual opportunity for eligible employees to make benefit plan changes, consider new enrollments and/or drop coverage. Changes made during ABE are effective January 1, 2021.
Benefit plan changes for 2021 are listed below.
All current health insurance plan carriers will continue to participate in the State Group Health Insurance Program for 2021. Additionally, the health insurance plan design components will remain the same (e.g. deductibles, copayments, coinsurance). The minor changes to the plans are:
- Coverage will be added for biofeedback services for urinary incontinence.
- Health insurance plan carriers will no longer offer a wellness incentive component as a part of their plans. Note: The $150 incentive offered through StayWell will continue (see below).
Finally, telehealth services will continue to be covered without cost-sharing (unless they would have normally been provided in an office visit setting but have moved virtual due to the pandemic).
Well Wisconsin Program: Wellness Incentive
The $150 wellness incentive will continue to be offered to employees and their spouses enrolled in the State Group Health Insurance Program. To earn the incentive, employees are required to complete a health assessment, complete one well-being activity and a screening. The screening requirement can be met by completing one of the following: a biometric screening, health care provider form, preventive dental exam (new option) or participate in a health coaching call (new option).
The vision insurance plan will be administered by Delta Vision in 2021 (using the EyeMed network). The plan will continue to offer an allowance of up to $150 toward frames or contact lenses. The monthly premiums will decrease slightly. Participants enrolled in 2021 will receive a vision insurance ID card to help eye doctors/clinics to verify eligibility/benefits and process claims.
Pre-tax Spending and Savings Accounts
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Annual contribution limit will increase by $50 to $2,750.
- Carryover limit will increase by $50 to $550.
- Health Savings Accounts:
- Single HDHP Coverage: Annual contribution limit will increase by $50 to $3,600.
- Family HDHP Coverage: Annual contribution limit will increase by $100 to $7,200.
- Parking & Transit Accounts: These accounts will again be available for new enrollees effective January 1, 2021. These accounts cover work-related parking and/or commuting expenses.
The Accident Insurance plan will continue to be offered in 2021. This plan is designed to protect employees and their families in the event of an accident. It includes an accidental death & dismemberment component which will be enhanced for the 2021 plan year ($100,000 vs $25,000). Monthly premiums will increase slightly.
Note: The Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance plan will continue to be offered by the UW System (coverage levels range from $25,000 to $500,000). Employees may enroll in both the Accident Insurance plan and the AD&D Insurance plan.
Watch for emails in September and October regarding ABE and your enrollment opportunities!
Source: UW System Human Resources