HR, Payroll and Benefits News

Are you enrolled in a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?

The Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and the Limited Purpose Health Care FSA provide you with an opportunity to pay certain out-of-pocket expenses with tax-free dollars. Since these are spending accounts, the funds in the accounts are intended to be spent on eligible expenses. This article is a reminder for you to use your FSA funds.

Health Care FSA Eligible Expenses include:

  • Medical
  • Dental
  • Vision

Limited Purpose Health Care FSA Eligible Expenses include:

  • Medical (post-deductible only)
  • Dental
  • Vision

Once you have incurred your eligible expenses, determine how to pay for them. In most situations, your Health Care FSA debit card (from the Health Care FSA administrator, TASC) will suffice at the point of sale or service. However, there are a few options if you need to submit your FSA claims manually or substantiate a claim made using your Health Care debit card:

For efficient processing, remember to include the appropriate IRS required supporting documentation with your claim(s) submission. If TASC needs more information to substantiate your claim(s), TASC will contact you directly.

Carry Over Reminder: Up to $500 of unused funds in your Health Care or Limited Purpose FSA will carry over into the following year (even if you do not enroll in the FSA for the following year). Unused funds greater than $500 on March 31 will be forfeited.

For questions, contact TASC at 1-844-786-3947 or

Additional resources may also be found on the UW System Employee Benefits website.

Source: UW System Human Resources