HR, Payroll and Benefits News

Invest for College With Edvest

Saving for post-high school education may seem daunting, but with Edvest, Wisconsin’s 529 College Savings Plan, you can start making small contributions today for the future. Anyone – parents, grandparents, extended family members and friends – can set up an account for anyone else. An account can also be used to save for one’s own continuing education.

Edvest makes saving easy by offering low fees, a low minimum contribution of $15 per pay period, and tax deductions for Wisconsin residents (limitations apply). Distributions from Edvest funds are exempt from federal income tax when used for qualified expenses. You may have contributions to Edvest allocated from your paycheck as a direct deposit. Payroll deduction is not available.

Any individual can use these funds at universities, colleges, professional schools, technical colleges, and graduate programs across the country and even at some institutions abroad. Funds can cover tuition, books, room and board, computers, tablets, and many other expenses.

For more information and to open an account, visit the Edvest website.

Source: UW System Human Resources