Mid-Year Benefits Check-Up
Are family responsibilities, extra-curricular activities or work-related projects keeping you busy? With so much going on, it can be difficult to keep track of your preventive care or remember what resources are available to help manage your benefits. With that in mind, this article lists several reminders and tips to help you manage your benefits.
- Preventive health services are provided at no cost under the State Group Health Insurance plans. Review the services and schedule your preventive visit with your doctor.
- If you are enrolled in State Group Health Insurance, you and your spouse (if covered) are eligible for the Well Wisconsin Incentive of $150 by completing three requirements by October 11, 2019. Get started today!
- Did you know that you can obtain up to a 90-day supply of some medications for just two copays through the mail order service? Visit the Pharmacy Benefits webpage for additional information regarding the various cost savings pharmacy benefits programs.
- Create an online account with Navitus to view your medication history, locate participating pharmacies and/or compare costs of prescriptions at different pharmacies.
Did you know that oral diseases have been linked to diabetes, heart disease and stroke?
- Diagnostic and preventive services are covered by the Uniform Dental Benefits at 100% if you are enrolled in State Group Health Insurance with dental. Find an in-network dentist and schedule a preventive visit for you and your covered dependents.
Eye exams can detect common vision problems and eye diseases that often have no early warning signs.
- If you are enrolled in State Group Health Insurance, you and your covered dependents are eligible for an annual eye exam. Locate an in-network provider and schedule your appointment. Note: Out-of-pocket expenses will apply depending on your health insurance plan selection.
- If you are covered by the vision insurance plan, you are eligible for additional vision benefits such as glasses and/or contact lenses. Locate an in-network provider and schedule your vision appointment today!
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- View your FSA balance and file claims timely with TASC (the plan administrator). The last day to incur expenses is December 31, 2019.
- Up to $500 will carry over to the next plan year (Health Care and Limited Purpose FSA’s only).
- Login to your TASC account to determine if you have outstanding health care or limited purpose FSA claims that require documentation (substantiation). If so, substantiate them timely.
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- If you are enrolled in the high deductible health plan, view your HSA balance online through your TASC account.
- Furthermore, if you have outstanding balances with your health, dental and/or vision providers for qualifying health, dental and/or vision expenses, you may use your HSA debit card to pay those out-of-pocket expenses.
- Since the HSA allows for a triple tax advantage (contributions, distributions and investment earnings), increase your HSA contribution anytime by submitting an HSA Contribution Change Form.
Retirement Savings Programs
Are you on track saving for your future? Below are the retirement savings programs available to you through the UW System.
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- Tax-Sheltered Annuity 403(b) Program
- Wisconsin Deferred Compensation (WDC) Program
Review the information and enroll or make changes to your retirement savings contributions today!
Source: UW System Human Resources