Update Your Address/Personal Information Before End of Spring Semester
You are strongly encouraged to review and update your Address/Personal Information before the spring semester ends. This includes your addresses, phone numbers, name, emergency contacts and disability/veteran status.
Student employees please be aware that you MUST update your address both in the UW Human Resource System (HRS) AND with your campus student information system. Instructions for updating your address in HRS are included below.
Employees who are Moving or Terminating UW Employment
Why is it Important for All Employees to Update Address/Personal Information?
- To make sure you receive important notices regarding benefits, paychecks, or UW employment.
- To make sure your W-2 Tax Form is sent each January to the correct address (if you do not choose electronic only distribution or if you terminate employment).
- Your employer may need to contact you.
To Review and Update Your Address/Personal Information in HRS
- Log into the portal for UW-Madison or for all other UW System institutions.
- Launch the portal Personal Information tile.
- Review your information on the Personal Information page.
- Click on the Update My Personal Information link to update your information.
Note: Updating information in the portal may not update information for your benefit plans. See instructions for changing your name or address for your benefits plans.
Pay check Direct Deposit
Review the instructions on updating your personal information or contact your human resources office.
Source: UW Service Center