HR, Payroll and Benefits News

Duplicate Tax Statements

Tax statements (Form W-2, 1095-C, 1042-S*, etc.) for the current and previous four years are available for active employees in the MyUW portal. To print duplicate tax statements, log into the portal for UW System institutions or for UW-Madison. Launch the Payroll Information module and choose the Tax Statements tab. Statements for 2015 through 2018 are available.

Please note that tax statements from 2017 and prior do not include Social Security numbers. If you require a tax document that displays your Social Security number, or you need a statement from a year prior to 2015, you may request a duplicate tax statement by completing a Duplicate Tax Statement Request.

*1042-S Requests: If you have a Glacier account, your 2018 1042-S form is now available in Glacier. For those without a Glacier account, 1042-S forms were mailed in early March and will be available on the MyUW portal after March 26.

Duplicate Tax Statement Fee Information

Previous year (2018) requests: processed at no charge. Requests will be accepted and processed after the following dates:

  • W-2: After February 15
  • Fellowship Letters: After March 1
  • 1042-S: After March 15

Request for years other than previous year:

  • Requests for duplicates from 2-5 years ago are $5.00 per form, per year
  • Requests for duplicates from before 6 or more years ago are $10.00 per form, per year

Submit a check, cashier's check or money order payable to the University of Wisconsin for the correct dollar amount. Mail the check to: UW Service Center, 660 W. Washington Ave., Suite 201, Madison, WI 53703.

Duplicates will not be processed or issued without payment. Please allow 10 days for processing.

Source: UW Service Center