Review and Update Your Personal and Address Information
As the fall semester draws to a close, you are encouraged to review your Personal Information in the MyUW portal. This includes your home and office addresses, phone numbers, legal and preferred name, emergency contact information and disability and veteran status. It is especially important to update your address information if you plan to move.
To Review and Update Your Personal Information
- Log into the portal for UW-Madison or for all other UW System institutions.
- Launch the portal Personal Information tile.
- Review your Personal Information on the Personal Information page. Choose the applicable buttons to change, delete or update your information.
- Click on the Update My Personal Information link to update your home and mail addresses, phone, email, emergency contact and other related Personal Information.
Why is it Important to Update Your Personal Information?
It is important to have your Personal Information up-to-date in the MyUW portal for many reasons:
- If you do not choose electronic-only distribution of your W-2 and 1095-C tax forms, your mailing address will be used for the annual January tax form distribution. Deadline for this address update is January 11, 2019.
- Current Personal Information ensures that you will receive important information about your benefits, paychecks, or UW employment.
- Your employer may need to contact you.
- Changing your Personal Information/Address in the portal will not change this information for the benefit plans in which you are currently enrolled. See instructions for changing your name or address for your benefits plans.
If you have questions, review the instructions on updating your personal information or contact your human resources office.
Source: UW Service Center