Important Information for Flexible Spending Account Enrollees
There is a new administrator for the Flexible Spending Account program for 2015 (formerly known as the Employee Reimbursement Account (ERA) program). The new administrator of the plan is Total Administrative Services Corporation (TASC).
What you need to know if you have a 2014 Healthcare or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Your WageWorks debit card will be active until 11:59pm on December 31, 2014.
- You should submit all your 2014 claims to WageWorks immediately, but no later than December 31, 2014.
- Starting January 1, 2015, all claims for 2014 expenses must be submitted to TASC.
- If you have 2014 funds in your account as of January 1, 2015, those funds will roll over into your account with TASC but will not be immediately available for use.
- There will be a blackout period while WageWorks finishes processing outstanding claims and the funds are moved to TASC.
- It is anticipated that any remaining 2014 funds will be available for use by the end of January.
- You may submit claims against these 2014 funds with TASC starting on January 1, but they will not be processed until the 2014 balances are uploaded to TASC’s system.
- If you did not enroll in the plan for 2015 but have remaining 2014 funds as of January 1, those funds will be available after the blackout period. You will also receive a TASC debit card in mid to late January.
For more information about the transition, please see the e-learning module on the Department of Employee Trust Funds website.
Information for 2015 Flexible Spending Account Enrollees
- You should receive your TASC debit card by the end of the December.
- Your 2015 funds will be available on your TASC card as of January 1 (any remaining 2014 funds will be loaded to your card by late January).
- For more information about your TASC card and how to submit a claim, see the Participant Reference Guide.
Source: UW System Administration